Thursday, May 21, 2020

And the winner is ...

So yeah, of 3 vendors who made it onto the shortlist, only one stood out. His name is Umer and he was the closest to implementing my design correctly, gave me fast turnaround on suggested revisions and was pleasant and easy to communicate with over Zoom. I will be giving him the specs for phase 2 tonight and hoping to get a good quote sometime tomorrow.

Umer is from Pakistan and has a B.Sc in Computer Science.

So, phase 2 will give me an MVP (Minimum Viable Product), a term that I resisted for quite a while in my day job, but have been coming to terms with as an entrepreneur with a small budget. It basically means that you will be able to accomplish the core functions that the app was designed for, but most of the bells & whistles (the really cooler stuff) will not be present until later. That's life (sigh).

But I will move this ahead as fast as I can. I'm hoping for at least a preliminary (Alpha) version of the MVP within the next 1 to 2 weeks.

Meanwhile, I've been having a lot of game fun with my two buds, Dennis & Mike, playing a Head-to-Head version of the game using a spreadsheet posted on Google Drive. Kinda clunky, but it does the job. This has got me revved so much that I've been popping out of bed at 4:30 just to get started on the day. Sure cured that TV binging problem!

 Here's a recently tweaked version of the Scheduled Intentions screen and a screenshot of the New Intention screen.

I think my 16-year old granddaughter is going to design the next theme for the game. It will be interesting to see what she comes up with, being a Media Arts sophomore at a prestigious all-arts high school in San Francisco.

Stay tuned, remain calm. Success is not only coming, Success is Now!

Apollo (aka Len)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back on track ...

  Get back on track! It's been a tough month. All sorts of things going wrong and getting in the way of forward movement on the game. Bu...